Considering the number of bones and joints in the body, there can be several orthopedic disorders one may face. There are some disorders, which are commonly observed among people. They include:
- Arthritis: It is a rheumatic disease that causes pain, in the connective tissues. Swelling can be observed and it causes restriction in movement and tends to be chronic.
- Osteoarthritis: Middle-aged adults and the elderly usually experience this. It is caused due to the wear and tear of the cartilage over the years. One usually experiences this in the knees, hips or the spine. It is one of the most common and painful disorders observed among people.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Inflammation of the joints such that it hampers and limits its functioning is called Rheumatoid Arthritis. Once a person faces this, they are unable to recover from it for life. This mainly occurs when the body’s immune system backfires and attacks its own healthy tissues and cells. If not looked after carefully, the lungs can get affected as well.
- Fractures: Fractures occur when a person gets injured such that the bone protrudes through the skin or a small portion of the bone is broken. There can be closed fractures, open or compound fractures, spiral fractures and greenstick fractures.
- Lower back pain is commonly seen to affect a lot people. It usually persistent and causes mobility to be restricted. It becomes difficult to sit for even a short period of time. This is usually caused by continuous strenuous activities. Obesity and poor muscle tone also add to the pain. In addition to that, research says that smoking can also cause back pain.
- Pain in the neck is caused from injuries or damage to the neck muscles and ligaments. Tumors and congenital abnormalities in the vertebrae can also add to the pain. Neck pain, in addition also causes pain in the shoulders and headaches.
Symptoms of Orthopedic Disorders
If a person is unsure of the specifics or type of orthopedic disorder, it can still be understood if immediate attention is required for the same through certain symptoms. Some of the main ones include:
- Regular stiffness and difficulty in moving the joints
- Swelling in the joins
- Redness or warmth in the area of the joint
- Recurring pain and discomfort in movement
- Abnormal noises or sound of the rubbing of the joints or bones
It is essential for one to keep exercising or continuing any physical activity to ensure that the bones and joints do not get rusty. A good and healthy diet should also be followed. Orthopedic issues can be caused by anything but by maintaining a healthy lifestyle these problems can be prevented even for the future.
However, in case of any persistent pain, one must visit an orthopedic without delay and get it treated to prevent a short-term discomfort from becoming a long-term hazard. Also, before opting for any alternative therapy, the cause, symptoms and extremity of the disorder should be understood.