Dr. P. K. TALWAR
The procedures of cosmetic surgery are mainly focused on enhancing a patient’s appearance. Improving aesthetic appeal, symmetry, and proportion are the key goals. Cosmetic surgery can be performed on all areas of the head, neck, and body.
Different cosmetic surgery procedures in India are :
1) Facelift: Is a cosmetic procedure that is performed to remove wrinkles, to remove excess skin from the face and provide a more youthful appearance. Tightening of the face is optional depending on its requirement.
2) Tummy Tuck: It is to perform to give the abdomen a tighter and leaner look. This surgery helps to flatten the tummy.
3) Liposuction: It targets a certain part of the body to remove fat and restore its original shape. Liposuction is performed on the certain areas of the body like calves, back, arms, abdomen, thighs, buttocks, chin, and neck.
4) Rhinoplasty: It changes the look of a person by making necessary adjustments and modifications in ones nose. It also helps in proper breathing as it helps in removing structural nasal defects as well.There are two procedures in which a rhinoplasty is performed. In an open rhinoplasty, the surgeon makes an incision on the cartilaginous tip of the nose known as columella to make modifications required whereas the closed rhinoplasty is performed with the help of an endoscope. No incisions are made in case of closed rhinoplasty.
5) Breast Augmentation: It is performed to restore the firmness and shape of the breast. It is executed with help of breast implants. Incisions are generally made inconspicuous as they are done under the breasts or near the armpits or near the nipple. The incision during breast implant also depends upon the kind of breast implant being used, the degree of breast enhancement to be done and your anatomy. The breast implant is inserted and positioned either under the pectoral muscle or directly behind the breast tissue. Incisions are finally closed by layered sutures or sutures.
6) Hair Transplantation: The cosmetic procedure of hair transplantation helps one to restore one’s hair growth and volume even after aging. Hair follicles are extracted from the donor site of the patient’s head. These grafts of hair follicles are resistant to balding which then, with minimal invasion, are transplanted to the bald scalp.
7) Body Lift: A body lift is a procedure that sculpts the patient’s body into a perfect form. It tones and tightens the skin, tissues, and muscles of various areas in the body to give a youthful look. The procedure of body lift involves circumferential incisions, especially to tighten and tone the lower body constituting of abdomen, waist, groin, thigh, and buttocks. The procedure gets rid of the excess fat and skin in the body. Body lift also involves other procedures to provide the perfect structure and contours to the body.
8) Eyelid Surgery : An eyelid surgery is performed to reduce the lump from the lower eyelids and excess skin and wrinkles on the upper eyelids. Incisions are made on the natural lines of the upper eyelids to separate the skin from the tissue beneath it. Excess fat and skin are removed and the incision is finally closed with very small sutures. For the inner eyelid, the cosmetic surgeon either makes the incision inside the lower eyelid or on the eyelash margins. The extra skin, loosened muscles and fat are then removed.
Is one of the leading cosmetic and plastic surgeon in India. Since 1996 he has been running Cosmetic Laser Surgery Centre of India. He was also associated with the Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi (India) as a Senior Consultant, Cosmetic Surgeon. His clientele includes Top Models and Film Stars from neighbouring countries, Sport Stars and a lot of foreign tourists.